welcome!

leaving behind all limitations and crossing all boundaries into a life of yogic, fruity, creative bliss, incandescent love and abundant prosperity...question everything, be your own hero every day and know thyself. There is nothing more powerful than the miracle of YOU!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

synthesis

Well, it's funny how things change and yet they don't.  For years I've struggled back and forth between the fruitarian raw lifestyle that beckons to my entire being, and the mind telling me I need a Candida cleanse, and recently I decided to compromise and do the latter as a means to the former.  But I'm finding rather odd to eat things like chicken and eggs again, and without things like that the BED lifestyle means just cooked veg, lowfat. Now, I like tasty cooked veg, but cooking every night sucks ass and I've never been too creative about cooking veg. For the most part you either sautee or bake, and that's gotten old so fast my cravings for cheese and that kind of fatty stuff has been intense.

I've stuck to an almond milk Ultra Imflamx shake for breakfast, which I love. I add a spoonful of instant coffee until I get over my crack addiction, lol, and it's not too acidic because of the shake.  For lunch I've been doing lowfat veg sandwhiches with lots of produce. Very yummy. But then what for dinner? I'd have been sipping banana romaine smoothie all damn day if we could find ANY ripe bananas. Why is this such an issue all the time?! Even when we buy lots and hope they will be tiered and timed for perfect rotational ripeness, that never happens. They all seem to go ripe to bad overnight, like we end up with a 2 day window to eat more bananas than we can or want to. And without bananas a green smoothie isn't so great; they puff up and become more like pudding unless you down them fast, and I can't do that, I need to chew, savor and take my time. How frustrating!

But I'm doing the best I can. When we do things like have some tasty Mexican food out or have some yummy dessert I look at it as something that will be gone one day and I do my best not to beat myself up. But I need to find some goof ripe bananas or some other ideas that will keep me on the lowfat, well combined path towards lowfat raw vegan.

I'm working on it. A work in progress, as always...

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever freeze the bananas? I only have a 2-3 day window where they're good enough to eat too...then after that window I use them only for smoothies as I don't mind the bad flavor in a smoothie, the other things seems to mask it, and then after that we freeze them and use them for banana/strawberry pudding! YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete